Monday, October 12, 2015

Saturday brunch with some of my students

The things we do for some fun! Saturday was a perfect example of the weird things we do for our loved ones! Since my sister is still visiting me from Ecuador, I decided to take some of my students on a Saturday Thai lunch special in the UWS. This was their first time in this area and their very first time eating Thai food! In the beginning, this event was created to help my sister connect with other kids her age that would still speak her language or that she would understand a bit, but it turned into something very special for me and for their bonding time.

The kids were very respectful and loved loved loved the food! Since I was very comfortable with them, I decided to take them to Central Park and let them have some kid fun! 

Within this time, I saw two things happening. First, my sister was not feeling shy or left out because because she was surrounded by others her age. Second, the kids learned about other cultures and were also inspired to try to seek the lifestyle they saw in the UWS! 

With this in mind, I had the coolest Saturday with my students and sister!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment