Monday, October 12, 2015

MS walk along with an amazing woman

Since college, I have been involved in community service. This is something I also do while being in the classroom. This year's involvement was on Multiple Sclerosis, commonly known as MS. This year, I signed up for a good, more personal cause! I found out one of my amazing friends and coworkers has MS and this drove me to sign up and Walk for MS. This time, it felt very very personal.

I decided I did not want to go out the day before because I wanted to have enough energy to walk it with my dearest friend, who shall remain anonymous. While at the walk, we both are cold and in need of coffee. We have decided to walk the 1 mile walk because I needed to go to the airport and pick my younger sister who is visiting for a month and she did not want to be tired from the walk.

While we are finishing the walk, her words to me were: "Thank you so much! I am blessed to have met you and learned from you". These words touched me deeply because this is how I have felt about her since I started working at this new school and the support she has given me cannot compare to these words. I was teary!

The next day, she sends a text saying: "I had another relapse but thank you for doing the walk with me". I thought to myself, WHAT A STRONG WOMAN!

Luckily, I AM surrounded by strong women!

No comments:

Post a Comment